Monday 14 March 2011

Thoughts required....The Jil Sander plastic bag...




... It's a PLASTIC BAG. That's over FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

Okay. It's 90 quids. But STILLL....

... 
...

A PLASTIC BAG. Did I MISS something?

I have no problem with artistry and all that amaze balls; Hey. it's me in question. I've learned to appreciate it all. But when a bag which, I could make infinity times over with the price of the one above is 'created', or 'designed' (But then again, how much thought went into sewing bits of plastic together, really?), I get irritated.

I like the bag. Definitely do. The colour is beautifully divine; I get the whole juxtaposition of minimalism as per the bag's design with the bright, shocking orange. It's cool. Totally Jil Sander.

 It should be for free however. Okay. Maybe not FREE, but for tonnes less than its asking price.

Such creations are part of the reason why the fashion world is seen as unnecessarily superficial and feeding the inherent elitist nature of the Western world.

...Paaaaahaha... Plastic bag for NINETY QUIDS. Lol. 
And I was complaining when ALDI started charging 6p for bags....


Maybe i'm just a cheapskate. Who knows.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you guys! *blows kisses* Lol...

The friendies...

InCASE you were wondering...

... none of these photos are mine, s'il vous plait. Unless you happen to see pictures of yours truly or whatever (which I beg you to ask for permission before you acquire), I own no claims whatsoever to the images.

Many thanks,
She.
xoxo